Why should you use Organic Skin Care?
Simply stated, there are two reasons, good organic skin care products work better, and they are better for you.
- Less chance of having reactions
- Absorbs into the skin better
- Eliminates or reduces exposure to synthetics
Skin care products made using synthetic or inorganic ingredients can lead to skin inflammation, irritation, and discoloration, skin disorders etc. Sometimes these products are causing harm we cannot see. These products often contain carcinogenic substances, which are ingredients known to cause cancer. Chemically enhanced products can accelerate skin dehydration and cause sensitivity; which leads to premature aging, increased risk of sunspots, age spots, and Melasma. Basically, all the problems and issues we’re trying to reverse, correct or improve.
What does Organic Skin Care actually mean?
When we say Organic Skincare, what we mean using skin products made of plant-derived ingredients along with some other naturally occurring ingredients. These ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides, synthetic fertilizers, GMO and so on and often come with an Organic certification. The integrity of these unadulterated ingredients is maintained in the best way possible with little to no additives. From here the best ingredients for the specific goal are chosen and a natural preservative system is used for longevity.
Here at New U, we use the Eminence Organic Skin Care line.
“Eminence uses Biodynamic® Ingredients; originating from a balanced, holistic view of the universe, Biodynamic® farming practices regard the farm, the plants and the animals as a self-supporting ecosystem that lives and breathes. It renders fruits and herbs that are unusually high in nutrients and active compounds then harnesses these potent ingredients into a collection of products that are the ultimate in pureness and results-driven skin care.
Seeds are planted and crops are harvested following the lunar cycle so that when the tides are high, roots receive the most moisture and goodness.
As an alternative to harsh pesticides, the farm uses herbal teas and plant friendly honey traps from local bees as natural insect repellents ensuring that all Biodynamic® ingredients are farmed as naturally as possible.
Biodynamic® ingredients are void of all chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Only natural medicinal herbs and mineral composts are used to enhance the soil and ignite powerful growth forces in the plants from roots to tips.”
Eminence Skin Care (2017). Organic / Biodynamic® Philosophy. Retrieved from
How does a technician choose products for each individual client?
Upon arrival to your appointment, your technician will have you fill out a detailed questionnaire. Technicians decide which products to use by analyzing your face, by asking what home care products you use, if you use products with SPF (sun protection factor) and what your skin concerns are overall.
How soon will clients see results from their facial?
Most clients see results immediately and their skin should feel clean, smooth, hydrated and vibrant.
If the skin has more advanced long-term needs, such as treatment of aging skin, acne or hyper-pigmentation caused by hormonal fluctuations or sun damage, results may not be immediately visible; however, skin health will continue to improve as you follow the advice of your professional esthetician, and continue your home-care regimen.
What are the long-term benefits of getting regular facials?
Healthy skin! We recommend having a facial done at least once a month for maintenance.
What can I expect at my facial appointment?
Plan to arrive to your first appointment about 5-10 minutes early. At your first appointment, you will need to fill out a form listing contact information, allergies and any medications that you are currently taking. Then your esthetician will evaluate your skin using a magnify lamp, ask you about your goals for your skin, and make a recommendation for skincare products and treatments to help you reach those goals. A facial generally consists of a cleansing, exfoliation, steam (in the form of warm towels or a machine), massage and a treatment masque.
Preparing for your facial appointment…
Technicians prefer you to arrive with no makeup and if you have long hair, they request that you pull it back. Men should be clean-shaven unless bearded. Other than the previously stated steps, just show up ready to relax and enjoy.
How often should you have a facial done?
Technicians recommend doing a facial at least once a month for maintenance.
- Normal – The natural oil in your skin flows at a normal rate onto your skin’s surface
- Rarely do you show signs of flaky skin or an oily shine.
- Your require little effort with your skincare routine to keep skin healthy
- You have a healthy glow about your skin
- Dry – Your skin isn’t producing enough natural oil to keep your skin feeling hydrated & moist.
- You have a tight feeling in your face after cleansing.
- You feel the need to use a thick moisturizer, as your skin soaks product up quickly.
- Pores are minimal.
- You look slightly aged & show signs of wrinkling before your peers.
- Sensitive – Skin car appear dry & delicate. But can also feature blemishes & breakouts.
- Skin becomes irritated to many products & cosmetics.
- You break out and can also have itchy, red blemishes
- You tend to have a red appearance.
- Oily – The skin is producing far too much natural oil.
- You have a shine to your appearance
- Your pores are quite visible.
- break-outs are common.
- You feel the need to blot to reapply make up during the day.
- Combination – The most common of skin types, shows signs of multiple conditions.
- Oily T-zone present.
- Can show signs of dryness in some areas, usually cheeks & forehead.